Read Before I Go//My reflection

As this is going to wrap up my media blog experiences, I am going to be completely honest. Media makes up my life. I cannot deny the fact that I am surrounded by a society that is in the consistent use of it, but the same thing goes for me with things like my phone, TV, advertisement, and so much more. This amount of consumption that includes humanity-I am not proud of. Media has affected me in both positive and negative ways that I cannot escape. From learning advertisement this semester, my perception of media has completely shifted. Before this topic in our critical thinking class, I was at a screen time with my phone of about 5 hours per day, watching at least 2 hours of television, and a couple of YouTube videos each day. I was probably with the most consumed media group today because of how much screen time I was involved with. This wasn’t a bad time in my life, though. I was staying connected with friends and the world by using excessive amounts of different types of media. But the downside was that I relied on this connection so often, that if I was distanced from it, I lost my mind. This was so unhealthy and I did not even realize it. Now that I have learned the different marketing techniques and advertising ways, I pay way more attention to what I am letting myself connect to. My daily screentime has gone down by nearly two hours, and I have noticed a significant difference in my life. I can go hours without my phone, I’m getting better sleep, and most importantly, I have learned to recognize the multiple tricks that media plays to market products in industries. It almost feels as if I learned to crack a cryptic code. I am very appreciative to have the chance to learn and grow from media techniques I was unaware of coming into this Critical Thinking class in the semester. Overall, I believe that it is very important for an individual to be aware of their media involvement because guerenteed it is more than anyone would think. Yes, it is not the best thing to see our world developing into something that has such a close relationship to a concept that can be almost toxic. But we cannot deny the happiness and optimism that comes out of media, although it can be multi-faced. We can’t undo the media’s effect on our lives, but we can certainly change it. So before I end off this vlog, I suggest to anyone reading this to get off your computer, laptop, iPhone, or whatever you are reading this on and pick up a ball, a book, go hang out with your friends and family because media is what makes us miss the good little things in life.
Peace Out Blogger, Your weekly posts might be missed ;)

Comments