My Relationship w/ Media :(:)

I was once asked what my relationship with media was. And to be honest, at first, I was not even sure what the term media was referring to. But when I got into depth and definition in my Critical Thinking class, I came to the conclusion that media is all around me. Media can vary from places like my local grocery store, to my own house.
My biggest connection to media would indefinitely be my phone. To rationalize this, I say it's normal because I'm a teenager, right? But on a real note, I don't think I could go without my phone. This isn't because I feel a need to be involved with apps like Instagram, or Snapchat, but simple because it is how I stay connected to everyone and everything. More specifically, my phone gives me access to thousands of abilities that I wouldn't have without it. Now of course, I do use social media apps to talk and engage with my friends and others. This is a direct connection to my relationship with media because I use these apps on the daily. But outside of social media apps lies news, advertisements, articles, and thousands of other ways that I reenact with media today.
Media is a huge part of my life that I don't even realize it, and I'm sure I'm not the only one with this thought. Media is all around, and I've become so used to this that it has become automatic to know that it is present almost all the time. My relationship with media is one that is systematically vital in my life and has been. This relationship Is extremely powerful for it influences my perception on things. I am one of those people who "believes everything they see" because it is my first resort to information. The media is an easy access that I use is almost every aspect of my life today.

Comments